Thermocouple Thermowell Assembly
MNPT Process Connection, Hex Nipple-Union-Nipple Make-Up
EDGE•T T/C thermowell assemblies are made with thermocouples of excellent accuracy and thermowells manufactured as a one piece construction. With the CNC gun drilling we are able to machine, as one piece construction, a threaded thermowell up to 80” (2032 mm) and a flanged thermowell up to 48” (1219 mm). There are no welded “multi-pieces”.
All tapered thermowells are tapered to the full length of the thermowell, which gives a stronger construction than a straight thermowell. EDGE•T thermowells are manufactured as tapered construction unless otherwise specified.EDGE•T termination heads are available as weatherproof in cast iron, aluminum or PVC and explosion proof in cast iron, aluminum or stainless steel.
- Process connection: MNPT ½”, ¾”, 1”, 1-¼” or 1-½”
- Bore size (I.D.) 0.260” or 0.385”
- Insertion length (U): To be specified
- Construction: Tapered shank, straight shank or step down
- Various probe sizes spring loaded and non-spring loaded
- Dual or single element
- T/C type: J (Fe/Cu-Ni), K (Ni-Cr/Ni-Al), E (Ni-Cr/Cu-Ni), T (Cu/Cu-Ni)
- T/C Sheath material: SS304, SS310, SS316, SS321, SS347, SS446 or Inconel 600
- Thermowell material: SS304, SS310, SS316, SS446, Inconel 600 (other materials on request)
- Junction: Grounded, remote ungrounded or exposed
- Nipple make-up available in 3”, 3-½”, 4” or 4-½”
- ASME PTC 19.3 thermowell stress calculation can be provided upon request