xStream Engineering addresses the need to reduce project time by “de-coupling” automation tasks from each other.
Software configuration can be done in parallel with hardware configuration using the “signals” concept. Signal names are used in both applications and I/O channels and can be imported directly from I/O lists.
Late binding provides support for late changes.
xStream Engineering also includes the Ethernet I/O Wizard tool that can be installed on an Ethernet I/O Field Kit mobile PC to:
- read the “as-built” configuration from the field,
- configure and check the Select I/O directly in the field,
- generate the I/O structures for import into Control Builder.
Parallel project execution means:
- software configuration and hardware configuration start together without dependencies,
- no real need for hardware freeze,
- no need for traditional FAT, software and hardware are tested separately,
- application and hardware meet for the first time late at site just before commissioning.